alastair's heart monitor

To give me something to do while I'm waiting for and then recovering from heart surgery, and to keep friends, relatives and colleagues in touch with the state of my head

Sunday, May 14, 2006

American Psycho

I'm not really that keen on 'jokes' as such, but I like amusing stories. But for some reason, popping into my head just now is this old 'joke' : An American academic visits the cloisters of Cambridge University. He finds himself in the Dons' reading room. He asks, "Can you tell me where the law library is at?" After a very long pregnant pause, one of the Dons looks up and says very superciliously, "In this country we do not end sentences with a preposition". The American replies, "OK, fair enough, can you tell me where the law library is at, asshole?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>