alastair's heart monitor

To give me something to do while I'm waiting for and then recovering from heart surgery, and to keep friends, relatives and colleagues in touch with the state of my head

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Medical Bulletin

I haven't heard as much as a squeak out of the Infirmary to confirm their telephone call to me from 2 weeks ago. If I don't hear anything by Friday then I'll have to phone to hassle them a wee bit. Any of you who saw the BBC programme tonight about the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary will have seen the surgeon who is going to do my operation - Mr Campanella. He was shown performing a heart valve repair by keyhole surgery, a technique being pioneered by him and two other surgeons in the UK. This man inspires me with a great deal of confidence !! It was Mr Campanella who operated on Davy Grant - Davy told me that he was known in the ward as 'Mr Campanella aka God'. That'll do me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>