alastair's heart monitor

To give me something to do while I'm waiting for and then recovering from heart surgery, and to keep friends, relatives and colleagues in touch with the state of my head

Monday, May 22, 2006

RIP Nikki Sudden

Nikki Sudden died at the end of March - I should have marked that here before now. It seems that it's now becoming a weekly occurrence for the pop stars of my youth in the 1960's to pop their clogs. But that's expected as many of them head towards their seventies. But Nikki was from the 'new wave', from the 'punk' era - and he's younger than me, being only 49 when he died. Here is the sleeve of Swell Maps totally bonkers 1977 single 'Read About Seymour' - at 1 minute 27 seconds it is certainly a contender for the shortest ever single, but what an amazing impact it has - even now it is very thrilling to listen to -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>