alastair's heart monitor

To give me something to do while I'm waiting for and then recovering from heart surgery, and to keep friends, relatives and colleagues in touch with the state of my head

Monday, May 15, 2006

The New Paranoia

This from the BBC website: Romanov makes conspiracy claims Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov says a Scottish football conspiracy helped deny his side the SPL title. Romanov used the club's Scottish Cup victory celebrations to fire another broadside at the game's "parasites". "In my worst nightmare I never saw a season like that. I built the team to win the championship," he said. "But I didn't expect the systematic resistance from the whole surroundings. I didn't expect to be hit by different organisations, especially referees." It is not the first time Romanov has attacked the various institutions in Scottish football, with the media and agents his favourite targets. "There are parasites in football who just know one word - money. My goal next season is to make sure the parasites don't feed from this club," he added. This is truly marvellous stuff - the implication is that the referees and others conspired to help Celtic win the league. 'Who's the republican in the black?' It'll be a pleasure for Celtic to welcome a fellow whining paranoid git into the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>