alastair's heart monitor

To give me something to do while I'm waiting for and then recovering from heart surgery, and to keep friends, relatives and colleagues in touch with the state of my head

Monday, June 05, 2006

Strange But True

At the bottom of the page is a wee logo for 'Site Meter' which enables me (and you) to find out a certain amount of limited information about who visits this blog (eg country of origin - which web-site they came from - any search term used etc). It's very limited (not big brother), but it allegedly helps bloggers to make their blog more attractive to visitors. I was looking at the information a few moments ago - as you know I posted a wee thing about Conan Doyle and the fairies yesterday - in that piece I said that the photographs had been taken by two schoolgirls - well, what do you know, the combination of the words 'photographs' and 'schoolgirls' has brought more interest to this blog in 12 hours than 4 months worth of witty reportage - kicked off by a surfer from IRAN !!!! specifically searching for 'schoolgirls' (apparently his purpose was something to do with improving educational standards for females in modern Persia).

1 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

That's brilliant, though it can become a curse after a while. Last year I posted a pic of a Maori lady with a tattoo in an awkward place. Every week since then, my stats are flooded with clicks from the original URL. None of them actually reads my blog.

If only your Iranian visitor turned out to be their President. Why can't Middle Eastern politicians be involved in scandal? Is it clean living or effective suppression of information?

6/06/2006 01:43:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>