alastair's heart monitor

To give me something to do while I'm waiting for and then recovering from heart surgery, and to keep friends, relatives and colleagues in touch with the state of my head

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

More Chuck Buk

Hell, even Dylan was quoting ole Chuck on his radio show tonight, "I don't like prisons - they got the wrong kind of bars" Here's another poem for your delight back to the machine gun I awaken about noon and go out to get the mail in my old torn bathrobe. I'm hung over hair down in my eyes barefoot gingerly walking on the small sharp rocks in my path still afraid of pain behind my four-day beard. the young housewife next door shakes a rug out of her window and sees me: "hello, Hank!" god damn! it's almost like being shot in the ass with a .22 "hello," I say gathering up my Visa card bill, my Pennysaver coupons, a Dept. of Water and Power past-due notice, a letter from the mortgage people plus a demand from the Weed Abatement Department giving me 30 days to clean up my act. I mince back again over the small sharp rocks thinking, maybe I'd better write something tonight, they all seem to be closing in. there's only one way to handle those motherfuckers. the night harness races will have to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>