alastair's heart monitor

To give me something to do while I'm waiting for and then recovering from heart surgery, and to keep friends, relatives and colleagues in touch with the state of my head

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

From BBC Scotland

MSPs to consider name change call A call to rename the Scottish Executive is to be considered by a Holyrood committee. The SNP's Christine Grahame says its name should be changed to the Scottish Government to end confusion. The South of Scotland MSP argues that people do not understand the difference between the actions of ministers and those of the parliament itself. However, a report to the procedures committee questions whether such a move would end misunderstanding. Well, I bet we could think of a few alternative names for the Scottish Executive, couldn't we kids? But, unfortunately, for obvious reasons, I cannot suggest any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>