alastair's heart monitor

To give me something to do while I'm waiting for and then recovering from heart surgery, and to keep friends, relatives and colleagues in touch with the state of my head

Friday, March 31, 2006

The Vital Spark

Those of you who have been following the route which I am tracing from Campbeltown to Glasgow will realise that we are now heading towards Inveraray. When I was thinking about that, it occurred to me that Campbeltown, Tarbert, Loch Fyne, Inveraray etc - man, they were aal chust the haunts of Para Handy himsel'. I dug out an old collection of Para Handy stories - in an inglorious school career I did not win many prizes, but I did win this - in primary 7 - and it has stayed with me for the intervening 40 years You can take it that I will now bore readers of the blog with copious quotations from the bold Captain. One I can remember after forty years, without even looking it up, is Para Handy at Campbeltown bemoaning the highly unusual very hot weather, "I wish I wass a fush"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>