alastair's heart monitor

To give me something to do while I'm waiting for and then recovering from heart surgery, and to keep friends, relatives and colleagues in touch with the state of my head

Thursday, March 30, 2006

James Kelman

Let us return to the balmy days of the early 1990's when Jim Kelman was all the rage with the English literary chatterati - they just loved his Caledonian wild-man air, and all that four letter profanity - well, my dears, it's just so authentically , like, real and eh, you know, authentic. I'm sorry to inundate you with Private Eye stuff, but here's the drawing illustrating its review of Jim's 'How Late It Was, How Late'. Notice that the cartoonist makes the common mistake of believing that Glaswegians refer to their city as 'Glasgee' rather than 'Glesca'. As Jim himself would say, while taking a huge bite out of the hand that feeds him, "These southern softie bastarts ken fuck aw".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>