alastair's heart monitor

To give me something to do while I'm waiting for and then recovering from heart surgery, and to keep friends, relatives and colleagues in touch with the state of my head

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Here's Georgie

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." George W. Bush, on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006 It's quite high on the embarrassment-o-meter when your Chief Executive has his best moment catching a fish, but it goes off the end of the scale when even that turns out not to be strictly true - despite their name, largemouth perch are fairly small fish as a rule and prior to Dubya's amazing feat the largest one caught in Texas was 1.4lbs - at a stroke George raised the bar by nearly 600% - or alternatively he was telling porkies - again. You decide. PS - Yeah, I know that stuff about largemouth perch is not strictly accurate - it is possible that he caught one at 7.5 pounds, but we should not let the facts get in the way of a good story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>